Monday 29 June 2020

Monday: Writing Task

Swimming with
Green Sea Turtles


WALT: use our senses to make our writing more interesting.


Imagine going snorkelling at a beach and seeing beautiful green sea turtles.
What do you think the experience would be like?


Task 1: Watch the video clip on the site. Imagine you were the person
snorkelling… Put yourself in their flippers.


Task 2: Brainstorm using your senses. What do you think you
would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste if you were swimming
with Green Sea Turtles?


In this table, write the descriptive words that you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste.
What can I see?
What can I hear?
What can I smell?
What can I touch/feel?
What can I taste?
Hard-shelled
Whistling wind
Salt
Rough
Salt from the water
Front flippers 
Water splashing 
Seaweed 
Sand 
Water 
Seaweed 
Sea animals 
Salt water 
Sea water
Sand
Wet sand 
Sea turtle swimming 
Algi 
Swim suit 
dirt
Need some help? - make sure that you use words that you know… even better -
search what some of these words mean and use them in your writing!


Task 3: Write a story about what it would be like to swim with Green Sea
Turtles.


Start writing here:
______________________________________________________________
Hi one day i went swimming in a beach and i saw a green sea turtle
and so i decided to swim with it. It was so much fun. I had a great time
and I hope that the green sea turtle did too. In the video you can hear me
swimming and splashing in the water it sounds kinda relaxing in my opioion. 
   

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.